Saturday, August 14, 2010

Simplify, Simplify




I love to research, dig around, read books, etc. If I've got a spare minute, I'll open up a nutrition book and get sucked right in. I've learned so much about food and health over the past few years. It's great having my mind full of good information, but it can also get very overwhelming. Body Ecology Diet, Gut and Psychology Syndrome, Primal, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, raw, and on and on and on and on and on. We are always evolving our diet around here to see what best fits our family. But, it really can make you crazy after a while.

It was nice having my brother here this summer. He was a neutral third party that could see things for how they were. He helped me simplify all of the thoughts in my head. Here is what he came up with.

Blake's Life Principles

Diet: Try to eat more 'real' foods than 'processed' foods
Have plenty of color diversity in your meals
Eat organic grass-fed meats

Exercise: Walking and running will give you a healthier heart
Weight training will strengthen and tone the muscles
Doing anything is better than nothing

Leisure: Scriptures are first priority
Conference talks and books authored by General Authorities come next
Email is the main use for the Internet
Watch movie/TV programs sparingly, that are uplifting and bring a calm spirit into the home

Home: Enjoy wholesome music (secular and spiritual)
Cleanliness invites the Spirit of the Lord
Enjoy the outdoors at much as possible

Church: Attend church each week
Make a plan for monthly Temple visits and follow through
Have weekly Family Home Evenings



Could it really be that simple? Yes, indeed, I think it is.

Thanks, Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment