Monday, December 6, 2010

Still Alive

Just checking in to let you all know that I'm still here! We've had a crazy couple of days. Seth had a seizure on Friday morning. It was the absolute scariest 30 seconds of my entire life, hands down. The paramedics arrived and said his temperature was 105.1. That number still shocks me every time I think about it. They said that the seizure was from his fever spiking so high, so quickly. Never in my life have I been more thankful for conventional medicine. I am in no way reverting back to mainstream medicine, but you better believe that I will *always* have children's tylenol in the house from now on. The herbs just didn't cut it this time.

Seth was in the ER for about 6 hours. They ran a bunch of tests and did some blood work. Everything came back negative. Just a fever. My poor Seth was so traumatized by all the tests. His sensory issues are extremely high around his mouth. Just giving him the tylenol when we first got there took a full half hour and two doctors holding him down. The throat swab, nose swab and IV were almost as bad. It is so hard to be his mother, stand there and watch, and know I can't do anything to help him. It was heartbreaking.

My mom came right up and stayed with us through the weekend. I was pretty paranoid all night Friday night, and it was such a blessing to have her here. He is still feeling pretty worn down, but getting better. Rhett and I both got hit with the flu on Saturday night. Thankfully, our oscillococcinum knocked it right out. We've been having self-proclaimed snow days. I'm doing tons and tons and tons of laundry and the kids are watching movies. We will be staying in the cave for another day or so until we all get our strength back.

I appreciate all of the prayers we have had from our family and friends. Heavenly Father was truly watching over us on Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I so understand as a mother of 4 how torturous it is to see your children suffer, and how one can feel so helpless. Blessings and huge healing, Ina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've had to go through all that. Poor sweet Seth :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! What a scary thing!! I will be praying for Seth and your family. Please, if you need anything, let me know.

    ReplyDelete