Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Saturday Night Special




We head over to the farmers market every Saturday morning. I drool over all the green - every kind of lettuce, kale, broccoli, green onions, herbs. I come home with a ton of beautiful green things that need to be used fairly quickly. So, this has become our Saturday night (and lasts us through Sunday) meal.

Eat Your Greens! Frittata

3 potatoes, diced

1 large onion, chopped

several tablespoons butter (or fat of choice)

lots of salt and pepper (I also used Herbamere, a season all salt)

10-12 eggs, whisked

1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional, I used goat cheddar)

loads of local produce from the market, cleaned and chopped. I used broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, and kale.

Melt butter in a large, oven-proof skillet over med-low heat. Add the potatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until about halfway done. Add broccoli. Cook everything until just almost soft. Add zucchini and squash, cook another 2 minutes. Add kale and cook until wilted. Whisk your eggs, optional cheese, and more salt/pepper. Smooth out all your veggies to cover the skillet evenly. Pour eggs evenly over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 minutes. Heat oven to 350. Finish cooking the frittata in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until the eggs are set.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for new ways with eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan, what a charmed life. It is all so beautiful, including you and the children. I think of you often and miss you. I am happy that you are so happy! Wish I could be your next door neighbor. So what we would live three miles away instead of three hundred? :) I bet you are so excited to experience the farm with the fall air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to share this great testimony here that I was diagnosing stage IV colon cancer. I was looking for a solution on the internet and miraculously came across Dr. god hands, the powerful herbalist who cures numerous diseases such as thyroid cancer, uterine cancer, fibroid, angiopathy, ataxia, arthritis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, brain tumor, fibromyalgia, fluoroquinolone toxicity, head and neck cancer, Hodgkin's lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer, Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinusitis cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Pancreatic cancer, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer,Love Spell, Vagina cancer, Vulva cancer,
    Testicular cancer, Tach diseases, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer,
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome Progressive Ossifier Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als, infectious Mononucleosis adrenocortical carcinoma. So I contacted him based on the testimonials I am seeing about him on the internet. I was also cured by him. Please contact him today by email as he can help you... doctorgodhands@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will define you as free of any human disease, all thanks to Dr. god hands for his kind help in my life, his mobile number Whatsapp: +2349057214220

    ReplyDelete