Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Simple Dinner

These salmon cakes are our go-to dinner if it's 5:00 and nothing is cooking yet. This dinner is perfect for a beautiful fall evening, when all you want to do is play outside in the leaves, not cook dinner.

Salmon Cakes

1 can salmon
1 egg
1 tbsp mayo
pinch salt or herbamere
pinch dill

Mix together until well blended. Cook on a hot griddle covered with butter or coconut oil, just like pancakes. Let each side cook for 2-3 minutes.


Serve With:

If you're really running short on time, serve this with a salad with veggies.

If you've got more time, roast a few vegetables and cook a pot of brown rice.




What are some of your quick dinner ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little scared of buying canned salmon :) I bought it once and accidentally got the bone in kind. What brand do you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes those sometimes. My kids love them. I can't stand them (but then I'm not really a fish fan in general).

    ReplyDelete