Thursday, April 22, 2010

The calm before the storm

It's the night before it all happens. I went crazy and had a massive burrito loaded with cheese at Chipotle today. Then I came home and had a bowl of ice cream while the kids watched a movie. About 10 minutes after the ice cream my heart started racing. I could feel it pounding in my chest, my neck and my head. I started getting dizzy and lightheaded. (Allergic much?) But, dang, it was good ice cream. About an hour after the ice cream I turned into devil-woman. Feed me ice cream and I turn into a bad mom. I get angry, short-tempered, impatient and lazy. Seth was right there with me. Throwing toys, screaming at the world....usual Seth. That kid is in for a big shock tomorrow. At dinner we talked about all the new foods we are going to start eating. We told Seth that some of the foods he eats now makes him feel yucky, and that we're going to start eating the foods that Heavenly Father wants us to eat. Our family prayer before bed was focused on Seth. Asking for help that he will try new foods and that he will be blessed with peace in his body and mind.

I just got online to print off a few more recipes and I stumbled upon this video.



It really makes you stop for a minute and think, doesn't it? I am ready to fill my families body with health, light, peace, and love....so that we can send that back out into the world. One meal at a time.

Here's to my last bowl of chocolaty, peanut buttery self destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment