Thursday, April 29, 2010

A day of repeats

Overall, today turned out pretty well. Seth had a very hard morning. He spent the first hour and a half after he woke up screaming his lungs out, slamming doors, etc. My motherly instinct tells me it's something he's eating. We've got three things to pick from...pancakes, refried beans or rice and beans. Beans, maybe?! Actually, he did eat some peanut butter yesterday, which he never does. Maybe it was that. After some snuggles, he finally snapped out of it.

Those kids of mine twisted my arm enough to go to Chipotle again. Even though we just ate there and we were having taco salad for dinner. Oh man, so worth it. That salad dressing makes my mouth salivate just thinking about it. Ella's quite fond of it too.



Here is what we ate today...

Breakfast - Another smoothie for all of us. Rhett wasn't very hungry and didn't eat anything else. I think the murder trial is killing his appetite. The kids had buckwheat pancakes and I made myself this little bowl of yumminess. Full fat greek yogurt, coco powder, agave, vanilla extract and raspberries. Had it for dessert last night and for breakfast today!



Lunch - The usual at Chipotle. We go there so much that everyone knows us. They all run over to help me open the door. They all give Ella hugs and kisses. And they throw together my order without me having to say a word. I think we're going to have to send the restaurant a Christmas card this year.



Snack - We went to the playground today. I ate some raw nuts and started flipping through this cookbook. Love it so far. The kids were too happy playing to worry about snacks.




Dinner - Here is the repeat. Mexican for lunch, mexican for dinner. Worse things have happened, right? I decided to throw in black soy beans since we had black beans at lunch, just to mix things up. I threw together my own dressing, instead of our usual store-bought french dressing. It turned out so good.

Taco Salad

Cook 1 lb ground beef from happy, grass-fed cows with onion. Throw in a green pepper, beans, and some taco seasoning (I use Frontier brand). Cut up some lettuce, tomatoes, and any other veggie you feel like eating. Crush some blue corn chips. Top with raw, fermented salsa (I use Zukays) and some dressing. Viola.

Megan's tangy avocado dressing

1 avocado
1 big spoonful greek yogurt
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp raw honey
dash of sea salt or Herbamere (a natural all purpose salty seasoning that I use on evvvverything)
dash of pepper
1 tsp olive oil...just enough to get things moving

Puree!









Last, but not least, a little movie clip for your enjoyment. This is why I'm not afraid of fat. I load up on butter and coconut oil any chance I can get. I don't touch canola, corn, or vegetable oil. I also don't buy any low fat dairy products. The fat is there for a reason. Real food is full fat food.

P.S. I don't know why I can't get this video to embed in the post. Sorry, you'll just have to follow the link!

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment