Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 1

Phew. What a day. Most of Seth's days are tough....but today took the cake. I made him pancakes this morning, as usual. I used almond flour instead of buckwheat though, for a change. He reluctantly ate them. It is now 7pm and he hasn't eaten another bite of food. I made quinoa for lunch today and told him he had to take a bite of that before he had any other food. Well, 7 hours later, he still hasn't taken a bite. Today was full of screaming, throwing toys, slamming doors, tears, prayers, cuddles, and I love you's. We're keeping our fingers crossed that he will be so hungry by tomorrow that he will have to eat something.

I'm feeling pretty good. I can feel a withdrawal headache coming on. But that is a good thing, I guess. Lunch was fantastic. I ended up overeating because it was so yummy. Dinner was surprisingly good also.

Here is what we had today....pictures are coming.

Breakfast - smoothies and scrambled eggs

Lunch - quinoa cooked in fresh chicken broth with onions, garlic, zucchini and carrots

Snack - banana with almond butter

Dinner - Tex Mex Millet and Aramanth Corn Casserole from Body Ecology Diet, salad with homemade dressing, and a little dollop of refried beans

Kids-are-in-bed treat - Snuggling with my honey and maybe some banana ice cream (pureed frozen bananas with psyllium husks) if I'm really feeling lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment