Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thoughts on snack time

I've been thinking about ways to make snack time a little bit more fun. Here's what I've come up with.

Rudolf Steiner, the father of Waldorf education, has a color associated with each day of the week.

Monday - purple
Tuesday - red
Wednesday - yellow
Thursday - orange
Friday - green
Saturday - blue
Sunday - white

I think what I'm going to start doing is have fresh fruit and veggies on a tray that correspond with the color of the day. Get out my muffin pan and put a couple dips on one row and fill up the others with fruits, veggies, nuts, etc.

Here are some color ideas...




Speaking of eating the rainbow....how fun is this? So beautiful and yummy!


I think I might have to start off with this raw nutella dip in my muffin pan...and then move on to more hummus-like dips in the future.

Raw nutella

10 soft dates
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup carob powder

Put in food processor, add water if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment