Sunday, April 25, 2010

A few pictures

iPhoto is up and running. Here are a couple pictures from the last few days.

My groceries



Blueberry kefir smoothie



Beautiful cobb salad. I couldn't get a picture without the bacon lover in it too.



My quinoa



I've had a question about how to cook/use the quinoa. You can cook and use quinoa just the same way you would rice. But, make sure you rinse it well in a fine mesh strainer before you cook it. Then, put one cup of quinoa and 2 cups of liquid (I prefer chicken stock), bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Viola! You've got a complete protein, packed with minerals and amino acids. In some primal tribes, quinoa is saved and given to pregnant and lactating women. It is treasured for it's protein and milk-stimulating properties.

The possibilities are endless after its cooked. Use it as a bed for chicken. Throw in some cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Or cook up any assortment of vegetables in butter for a wonderful lunch or side dish. In this picture, I've added onions, garlic, zucchini and carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment