Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday

Breakfast - I asked Ella what she wanted for breakfast today and she requested "Atmeal". So, oatmeal it was. I made our usual oatmeal with bananas. Then I added flax seeds, some raw honey and peanut butter. Mmmm! Then, we made a smoothie with spinach, strawberries, pineapple and coconut water.





Lunch - The oatmeal did not tide me over well today. I was starving by lunchtime, so I knew I needed some protein. I cooked 1/2 cup of quinoa, 1/4 cup millet and 1/4 cup amaranth in chicken broth. Right at the end I threw in some zucchini, so that the heat would steam it a little bit. I fried two beautiful Polyface eggs in lots of raw butter and put them over the quinoa mix. Ella loved this. She ate her whole plate and then several bites of mine. Seth must have thought I asked him to rip his own fingernails off, when I actually just asked him if he wanted a bite of quinoa. Oh, the upheaval! What a wretched mother I am!




Snack - We made muffins today. I used this recipe from Heather Eats Almond Butter. Seth loves these. I just make them without the nuts, so that he will eat them.




Dinner - Friday is pizza night. I got lazy again (hey, it's friday, give me a break!) and decided to try Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza mix. Eh. It was ok. It looked promising while it was rising/baking. But, it turned out to be a little disappointing. I sauteed some garlic, spinach and basil and added that to the sauce, for a little health kick. I sprinkled just a tad of parmesan and some raw cheddar on top. The kids requested that we have dinner and a movie. So, we took everything downstairs in front of the computer and watched Berenstain Bears. What more could you want on a Friday night?

Seth took a teeny tiny bite of the crust. We were so proud of him!






Want to see this!


The Greenhorns

No comments:

Post a Comment