Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Round Up

On Saturday we ate...

Breakfast - Traditional pancake Saturday. I made my banana oatmeal pancakes and smoothies.





Lunch - Seth and I went on a mommy/son date and had Chipotle (really?) for lunch.





Snack
- Rhett took the kids our for a walk and I started baking. Once I started, I couldn't stop. I made Heather Eats Almond Butter's Banana Almond Butter Muffins (so good), quiche for dinner, and brownies. Did I make just one simple pan of brownies? Oh no. I cut the batter in half and made half smores brownies and half Trader Joe's Joe Joe brownies. Oh my goodness. I regretted this....kind of.`







Dinner - Spring Greens Quiche. The humidity is quickly creeping into Virginia, so I know summer is around the corner. I wanted to soak up the last drops of spring and I thought this quiche would be a perfect way to do that.

2-3 cups shredded potatoes
salt, pepper
3 tbsp butter

Melt the butter and mix it with the potatoes. Add salt and pepper. Press the mixture down into a pie plate. Cook at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes, until the edges just start to brown.

1 zucchini
10ish stalks of asparagus
2 bunches green onions
3/4 cup frozen spinach
2 cloves garlic
a few shakes of dry dill
salt, pepper

Saute the zucchini and asparagus for a couples minutes in raw butter. Add green onions, garlic, spinach, salt, pepper and dill. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and let it steam out for about 6-8 minutes, or until everything is soft.

4 eggs
1 cup milk

Mix these together. Then add the vegetable mixture. Pour this on top of the potato crust. Shred a little bit of raw cheese on top, if you want to. Put it back into the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through in the middle.






On Sunday we ate...

Breakfast - Leftover quiche with Polyface bacon.



Lunch - Traditional post-church Sunday nachos. Blue corn chips, refried beans, guacamole and raw cheese.




Dinner - I like to call this "get-your-husband-to-like-spaghetti" spaghetti. Mr. meat and potatoes looked up from his plate tonight and said "wow, this is really good, honey".

1 onion
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
1/2 cup frozen spinach
28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can navy beans
juice of half a lemon

Saute onions and garlic in butter, on low heat until the onions are soft. Then add spinach. Cover and let steam until the spinach is soft. Add tomatoes, beans and lemon juice. Let this sit and simmer while your pasta cooks. I usually end up adding a little bit of canned pasta sauce also, just because Rhett likes it saucy. :)

For pasta, I used Trader Joe's brown rice pasta. Add a little parmesan if you want to. Enjoy!







My brother did this video for one of his natural resource classes at USU. I thought it was so cute, had to share.


Only a few more days until my brother, Blake, comes to live with us for the summer! I'm so excited to have another mouth to feed!

1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I love it!
    Thanks for your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete