Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday

Here is what we ate today...

Breakfast - I used the leftover hash from yesterday and made a frittata. This was so easy and it made breakfast seem special. All I did was heat up the leftovers in a small skillet, whip up 6 eggs, and pour it over the hash. I turned the heat down to low and covered it. It sat for about 8 minutes, enough to let the eggs cook through. Loved this.




Snack - The frittata didn't tide me over like I thought it would. I am always more hungry after I've had a sugar binge. I ate about half of this bar.




Lunch - Leftovers again. I added a little chicken broth to the chicken/tomato/rice mixture and heated it up.




Dinner - I was planning to go grocery shopping today, but that didn't happen. So, I found myself digging through the pantry at 5pm looking for something to make. I came up with salmon cakes and peas. Not bad for an unplanned dinner.

Salmon cakes

1 can wild salmon
2 eggs
3 tbsp almond flour
A few chopped up water chestnuts, just for crunch
Sea salt (I used Herbamere) and pepper
I threw in a dash of dill

Form into patties and cook in butter. For the sauce I just mixed some mayo and ketchup together.



Seth actually put a piece of the salmon and a pea on his tongue for his pancakes tonight! We were so proud of him!


Food for thought. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment