Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Eats

Breakfast - Polyface eggs scrambled in butter, full fat plain yogurt with granola, fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. It doesn't get much better than this.




Post Workout - Body Combat class really worked me over today at the gym. I came home needing some protein. I mixed a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, about 1/2 cup of milk, handful of ice, spoonful of peanut butter, probiotics and psyllium husks. Hit the spot.




Lunch - A sandwich with turkey, mustard, raw cheese, and lettuce on ezekiel bread. Red pepper strips.




In the kitchen with the kids - We made a loaf of bread from my sprouted grains, a batch of these cookies from one of Rhett's old mission buddies, and dehydrated the leftover sprouted grains for flour. The kids were such good helpers today.







Dinner - The kids have been so excited for our "grill out party" today. They even put on their party hats at 4:30 this afternoon in anticipation of dad and Uncle Blake getting home. We had grilled chicken with bbq sauce, grilled corn, watermelon and pasta salad.

Best ever pasta salad

16 oz package pasta, cooked (I used stars, because they were so cute)
1 cup cucumber, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, sliced thin
6 slices of bacon, crumbed
1/4 cup cubed raw cheese
1 bottle of TJ's goddess dressing

Mix it all together.

After the cook out, Blake brought his guitar out and we all had a jam session. Guitar, drums, dancing and a little naked yoga from Ella. Seth isn't in any of these pictures because he went to bed very early tonight. Sleepy boy!













*Links in my browser*

Can Food Intolerance Lead to Problem Behavior?

A Toddler Friendly House

Different Names for MSG




Drumroll please.....

I get to go see Sally Fallon speak tomorrow at a local family farm. Her topic is "nutrition and children's mental health". I don't even have words for how excited I am. Just to hear Sally Fallon in person is such an honor. And for her to be speaking on what I'm most passionate about. Oh my goodness. I will be taking copious notes and lots of pictures!

1 comment: