Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Eats

Breakfast - Eggs cooked in butter, sprouted toast with raw butter, strawberries.




Lunch - leftover quinoa from last night




Snack - The kids and I spent this hot day outside playing in the pool. Popsicles were in order. I pureed spinach, strawberries and coconut water this morning and they were ready for us by this afternoon. Seth actually ate his! This is the first smoothie with anything green he's ever had! I have a feeling popsicles might be a daily snack around here for a while now.




Dinner - Salmon with lemon, salt/pepper. The veggies were roasted cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and zucchini with some olive oil/salt/pepper.



Tonight I am going to try and make some vita-mix ice cream with the Green Superfood Powder mixed in. We'll see how that turns out. Rhett went to the health food store today to pick up a tub of it for me. $50 for 17 oz. Ouch. Unfortunately, this will not be an everyday thing.

**Links in my browser**

Summer Pants

Spelt Tortillas

Weston A. Price on a budget

Doll Swings....my kids would love these!

Beautiful Sun Montessori

SAD VS. Real Food

Toddler Overalls.....I think this is the cutest thing I've ever seen

Covered wagon toy....I think this is the second cutest thing I've ever seen. I love love love this!

3 comments:

  1. That covered wagon toy is super cute! I love etsy- I have a lady making me some felt food corn that looks SO AMAZING right now! I want to give Evan lots of felt food for his birthday. I knew I could never make the corn like that, so I am purchasing that, but we'll see how well I do making the rest!

    And how weird is this? I just saw a covered wagon on Wednesday. It was on the back of a flat bed truck, heading down the expressway while I was running errands. Technically it was heading west, but I'm not sure how far! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.etsy.com/listing/30318125/southern-style-crispy-fried-chicken-meal

    This is the corn I saw listed, but I convo-ed her and she is making me a full ear of corn with a removable husk!

    ReplyDelete