Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Eats

Here is what we ate today....

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs on 3 seed whole wheat bread made by a local bakery with raw butter. Watermelon.




Lunch - Another day of snacking for the kids and I. I was able to take the kids to the gym with me after Rhett left for work this morning. I had a good workout and came home wanting some protein. I'm not a protein shake kinda gal - I'd rather get my protein from food, not powder. But, I was desperate, so I blended up 2 frozen bananas with a little bit of my brother's chocolate protein powder. I'm not going to lie, it was delicious.



The other snack I had was full fat yogurt with the last of the strawberries/blueberries and a little flax on top.




Dinner - I made a casserole tonight with some leftover chicken I had in the fridge. I cooked 2 cups of brown rice in 4 cups of fresh chicken broth. I sauteed onion, celery, carrots, garlic, broccoli, salt/pepper, and some dried basil until it was soft. Mixed together the rice, chicken, veggies and a can of organic cream of chicken. Put it all in a 9x13, topped with some raw cheese slices and cooked it for 30 minutes at 350.



The Relief Society President stopped by today and brought over this little loaf of banana goodness. The adults all had a slice of this for dessert.




**Links in my browser today**

Raw Fresh Mint Ice Cream

Vegan Chocolate Crunch Bars

Author Nicholas Carr: The Web Shatters Focus, Rewires Brains

Culinary Herbs & Their Medicinal Uses


Side note - Is anyone that reads the blog a designer? We're refinancing the farmhouse (more on this later) and we need to paint the roof and the porch. We figured, since we're repainting the whole thing we might as well pick out our own colors, right? Dark navy roof, taupe porch and red door? Sage green door? Any thoughts?



1 comment:

  1. what an adorable house!! so quaint and cozy looking - enjoy your renovations!!!

    ReplyDelete