Friday, June 4, 2010

Thursday Eats

Here is what we ate today...

Breakfast - Sprouted toast, raw butter, slice of fried turkey, egg and raw cheese.




Snack at the playground - Banana for Seth, apple for Ella. No food picture, just a BFF picture.




Lunch - Everyone was exhausted when we got home, so I needed something quick. Nachos it was. The usual....blue chips, refried beans, guac and raw cheese.




Kids in the Kitchen - Banana Almond Butter Muffins. I can't get over how good these muffins are. The kids get pretty excited about these too.







Dinner - I put a frozen Polyface chicken in the crockpot around 10am with some salt/pepper and an onion. At 5:30 it was ready, and we ate that with leftover side dishes from the fridge.




**Links in my browser today**

11 Healthy and Nutrient-Dense Foods at a Glance

Mother Inspiration

Nourishing Protein Bars

Autism One Conference (aka Andrew Wakefield is my hero)

Cool Peppermint Ice Cream I think I might try this over the weekend with coconut milk.

Raw Food Cures from God



Greek Yogurt

I had a question from a reader about greek yogurt. Why do I use it? What is the difference? Is it better?

In my opinion, yes, it is better! Greek yogurt is a traditional yogurt that has been in the Grecian diet for thousands of years.

Greek yogurt is a great source of protein. Greek yogurt usually has around 20 grams of protein per serving! I love having some at nighttime when I feel like I haven't had enough protein during the day.

Greek yogurt has an amazing texture. It's thick, almost like a mousse. This makes it perfect for desserts. I like to stir in some dark coco powder and maple syrup...and then dip strawberries into it. It's such a wonderful treat. Another reason why I love the texture is because it doesn't spill out of Ella's bowl as easily as regular yogurt!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info! And I love the photo with Ella's little tongue headed straight for that batter! :-)

    ReplyDelete