Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Eats

Here is what we ate today....

Breakfast - Smoothie with spinach, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple and coconut water. Oatmeal with bananas, flax and peanut butter.





Lunch - We snacked today. Apples, larabars, celery sticks, etc. The highlight of our snacking was my new Vegan Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Oh my goodness. I've made this a couple times and I think I finally perfected it. Sorry, I don't really measure for this.

Megan's Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Ice Cream

2 large bananas
3 handfuls ice
big spoonful of peanut butter
2 small spoonfuls of coco powder
2 glugs of maple syrup
1 dropperful of vanilla creme liquid stevia

Put it all in the VitaMix and blend. If you want it to be harder ice cream, then just put it in bowl in the freezer for a couple hours. But, I can't help myself and it's all gone within minutes.





Dinner - Ratatouille with poached eggs. I simply sauteed an onion, orange pepper, eggplant, 2 zucchinis, and 3 garlic cloves. Then I added salt/pepper, a can of diced tomatoes, fresh parsley and fresh basil. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Made 4 dents in the pan and cracked eggs into them. Let them cook on low heat, covered, for about 5-7 minutes. Garnished with feta cheese. Viola.






We had a farm pickup today. We got a half gallon of raw milk, raw goat cheese, raw chedder, fermented ketchup and raw honey. Beautiful, isn't it?




It's officially summer at our house. How about yours?





**Links up in my browser today**

Lime Chicken with all the Fixin's

Ancient Dietary Wisdom for Tomorrow's Children

How to Throw a Messy Party

Creating Rhythm and Routine at Home

Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies...because we all gotta let loose sometimes

Healthy Lunch, Happy Child

Go Ahead, Let Motherhood Re-Define You

Why we don't eat breakfast cereal

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try coconut water, sounds delicious. I love your idea of adding nut butters to your oatmeal, I want to try that as well.
    Your farm pick up looks delicious!! Thanks for the daily dose of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do you have any good (reputable/research based) links or books you can suggest to read more about the benefits and safety of raw dairy?
    Thank you!
    (Your smoothies looks soooooo good by the way. Sounds like combos we use. They are one of my most favorite (nutritious!) treats!)
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...not sure my request to subscribe to responses work, so am trying again.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicola, thanks for stopping by! There is tons of research out there and it can all get overwhelming. If I were you, I would start with www.realmilk.com

    Good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the Banana Chocolate P.B. Ice cream! We are having it for a little afternoon snack...it's hot outside so it sounds super yummy!
    For Nicola a friend recommened this site to me awhile back http://www.rawmilkbenefits.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brooklyn, I hope you enjoy the ice cream. I made another batch of it last night after the kids were in bed (I seriously can't get enough!) and I let the puree sit in the freezer for about 20 minutes before eating. Perfection! Let me know how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to do a double take when I saw your honey jar, then I had to look at a blow up of the picture - that is the same honey I get at my little coop right here in town!! How cool is that!!!

    ReplyDelete